Paul obtained a degree in Classics and Arabic from Queens' College, Cambridge University. He joined Moon Beever from a leading London firm in January 2017 as a Partner and Head of our Private Client team.
Paul is a member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP) having received the STEP President’s Prize for Excellence in 2008 and subsequently a Distinction in STEP’s Advanced Certificate in ‘UK Tax for International Clients’. His expertise has been recognized by Chambers & Partners, the Legal 500, Super Lawyers and LMG Euromoney’s ‘Expert Guides’.
Paul has extensive experience in all aspects of Private Client work, notably advising both UK and international clients, succession planning, all aspects of onshore and offshore trusts and personal tax planning. He acts for UK and non-UK domiciled individuals, executors and other fiduciaries. The US, the EU and the Far East are just some of the regions where he has had recent engagements.
Examples of Paul’s work include:
- analysing the residence and domicile position of non-UK nationals and advising on their potential exposure to UK taxes and how this will change as their residence or domicile changes
- working with foreign lawyers to formulate a succession plan across multiple jurisdictions
- advising a US law firm about the UK taxation of a US trust created by a former UK resident
- advising a family about their UK tax exposure in connection with a complex offshore trust arrangement with both French and UK beneficiaries
- advising a Hong Kong resident about his ownership of a UK residential property through an offshore corporate structure and the tax implications of removing the property from that structure
- advising foreign individuals and offshore trustees about the UK tax implications of purchasing UK residential property directly or through corporate entities.
Paul lives in Buckinghamshire with his young family. Outside of work, he is a keen lindy hop dancer and cyclist, being secretary and treasurer of a track cycling team. He is also a member of his local church.
020 7539 4135
020 7400 7799
Private Client Department