We understand that dealing with separation, divorce and the issues that arise out of the breakdown of a relationship can be incredibly stressful.
We deal with all aspects of family law work, including:
- Divorce and separation
- Finance and property issues for married , unmarried and same-sex partners
- Children issues, including international leave to remove/relocation and internal relocation cases
- Prenuptial, civil partnership and postnuptial agreements
- Separation agreements
- Cohabitation/Living together agreements for the unmarried family
- Variation of existing financial orders
- International and cross -jurisdictional issues, including recognition of foreign marriages and divorces
- Enforceability of foreign orders
- Emergency procedures in children and money cases
- Surrogacy and adoption
- Family mediation
- Collaborative law
Our aim is to deal with your matter in a sensitive, constructive and cost-effective way, to minimise any bitterness between you and your former partner, and help you resolve matters as quickly and effectively as possible, avoiding unnecessary litigation.
We are accustomed to dealing with high-profile cases, involving high net worth individuals from all walks of life and/or their partners.
We will listen to what is important to you and try to deal with your matter in a way that enables you and your former partner to retain your dignity, look more positively to the future and achieve an outcome that works for you and your family.
In addition to conventional legal advice and representation, we offer “non-court” options in-house, including family mediation and collaborative law, which many clients find preferable to the traditional, more aggressive ways of resolving the issues.
Where it is felt to be helpful and appropriate we can refer you to external agencies and support services, including family mediation and counselling organisations (providing individual counselling and/or relationship counselling for you as a couple), divorce support/discussion groups, and parent support information services.