Graham McPhie, Insolvency partner at Moon Beever said,
“We are delighted to be appointed to the PPF Insolvency Panel and look forward to supporting them in their important work. For us this is very welcome recognition of the experience and expertise of the Moon Beever insolvency team.”
The PPF was set up in April 2005 to protect employees when their employer goes bust and its pension scheme can no longer afford to pay the promised pension. It was established to pay compensation to members of eligible defined benefit pension schemes, when there is a qualifying insolvency event in relation to the employer and where there are insufficient assets in the pension scheme to cover Pension Protection Fund levels of compensation.
Note to editors
- With origins dating back to 1851, Moon Beever provides high quality legal services to corporate and private clients at both national and international level, whilst delivering expedient results that make commercial sense.
- The Insolvency and Business Recovery Department has a strong reputation for resolving complex problems quickly and efficiently. The team contains some of the most well known and respected professionals in insolvency. The Department acts for a large number of insolvency practitioners nationwide, from sole practitioners to multinational practices, and also acts for others affected by insolvency. These include banks, government and local government departments, trade creditors and businesses in financial difficulties that require advice on rescue measures.
- For more information about PPF go to http://www.pensionprotectionfund.org.uk
- For more information about Moon Beever go to www.moonbeever.com
- Media contacts for Moon Beever: