Disputes often arise regarding the rights and liabilities of the parties following a partner’s or member’s retirement or expulsion from the partnership or LLP, or on the dissolution or winding-up of the organisation.
We regularly advise both remaining and departing partners and members in professional partnerships and LLPs in relation to the following:
- the expulsion of a partner
- attempts to remove or suspend a poorly-performing partner
- the enforcement of restrictive covenant against an outgoing partner
- the clawback of drawings or profits when the partnership or LLP is in financial difficulty
- where one or more partner has been making a secret profit from the business without the consent of their fellow partners
- disagreements about the overall direction and management of the partnership
- issues arising from claims of discrimination
Our clients include individual partners, law firms, accountants and other professional service companies. Partnership disputes can be especially bitter and our experienced solicitors can help you ensure that you achieve the best results possible.