We support and work alongside appointment-taking insolvency practitioners. We regularly advise on compliance, ethics, regulatory and best practice issues, and how best to handle challenges from the regulator and creditor complaints. At least two members of our insolvency team have passed the JIEB and obtained our licences (non-appointment taking).
We advise insolvency practitioners on:
- Primary and secondary legislation (and lacunae or gaps!)
- Applications for directions from the Court
- Remuneration and disbursements, including pre-appointment
- Statements of Insolvency Practice and regulatory/compliance issues
- The Ethics Code and conflicts of interest
- Responding to queries and challenges from the regulators after a “visit” or self-regulation issue
- Defending IPs against disciplinary proceedings
- Handling creditor complaints properly and effectively.