Private Member’s Bill to extend civil partnerships to opposite-sex couples
The adjourned second reading of Tim Loughton’s bill to extend civil partnerships to include opposite-sex (as well as same-sex) couples, the Civil Partnership 2004 (Amendment) Bill, has been deferred to 12 May 2017.
Civil partnership couple apply to the Supreme Court for permission to appeal
Update on civil partnerships for opposite-sex couples: Rebecca Steinfeld and Charles Keidan apply today to the Supreme Court for permission to appeal against the decision of the Court of Appeal, while Private Member's Bill to amend Civil Partnership Act set to return to Commons this Friday.
Civil partnerships: what happens next?
Court of Appeal rejects the appeal by Rebecca Steinfeld and Charles Keidan against High Court ruling against their right to a civil partnership
Landmark ruling gives cohabitee right to late partner's pension
The Supreme Court has ruled cohabitee is entitled to receive survivor’s pension under her late partner’s pension scheme. The decision could affect millions of bereaved cohabitees left in similar circumstances.
Efforts continue to extend civil partnership legislation
Rebecca Steinfeld and Charles Keidan are still waiting for the outcome of their appeal to Court of Appeal (heard at the beginning of November 2016) against a High Court judge’s rejection of their claim to have suffered discrimination as an opposite-sex couple, unable to enter a civil partnership.
- Can't pay... Won't pay... Must pay?
- Maeve O'Higgins urges MP to act over no fault divorce
- Five ways to ensure a good divorce
- A Better Way: Lobbying for family law reform
- Children’s welfare foremost in relocation cases
- McKenzie friend sent to prison: postscript to my earlier blog
- More concern about paid McKenzie friends acting as unqualified legal advisers
- More about McKenzie Friends
- Gender issues in prenuptial agreements
- Law must catch up to end ‘divorce blame game’
- After Brexit, what happens if you want to move abroad with your children against the wishes of your ex?
- What factors may influence the judge’s decision in international child relocation cases?
- What chance of prenuptial agreements providing more certain financial outcomes on divorce?
- Family law and Brexit: View from Resolution
- Judge rules out children's trips abroad with father due to abduction risk
- Settlement reached in payout claim lodged 18 years after divorce
- New service opens to help intercultural couples
- Mother made false FGM claims in bid to keep daughters
- Cohabiting may be popular, but...
- “Great seminar – when’s the next one!”
- Relocating children: a very important decision
- Mariah's prenup decision: does it work for you?
- Does your client have a soft centre?
- The prenup infidelity penalty clause – will it work?
- No fault divorce long overdue
- Is 'bank of mum and dad' new force in prenup popularity?
- Fraud and matrimony: not a good mix
- Wives given leave to reopen their divorce cases
- Postnup fails to prevent wife receiving 50% of assets
- Leave to remove: Important Court of Appeal decision