A BBC Panorama investigation into fraudulent bankrupts who hide their money while declaring bankruptcy to escape their debts includes interviews with Frances Coulson, Senior Partner and Head of Insolvency and Litigation at Moon Beever.
Moon Beever’s Sam Fenwick appeared on a recent Rip Off Britain programme highlighting an insurance scam known as ‘ghost broking’.
A pre-action protocol for debt claims came into force on 1 October 2017 and requires business creditors to revise their pre-action processes to ensure they are compliant.
At Moon Beever’s autumn insolvency seminar I spoke on the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Law Commission is consulting on whether it is time to modernise the way Wills are made. Paul Davidoff reflects on proposals and emphasises the importance of protecting those susceptible to influence and minimising the possibility of fraud.
- Probate fee rise would effectively impose a new ‘estate duty’
- The Early IP Bird Catches the Asset Worm
- A trustee's duty of care
- Judge rules bank dishonestly assisted in fraud
- R3 Course: Asset Tracing, Fraud and Forensics
- Moon Beever joining the London Legal Walk in May
- Insolvency Seminar addresses change in the industry
- Husband and wife directors of Octavian Security Limited liable for pre-insolvency wrongdoing
- Insolvency’s crystal ball: 10 predictions for 2017
- Moon Beever acts in £21 million property transaction
- Director highlights Frances Coulson’s ‘significant and valuable contribution’ to National Crime Agency
- Flaws in regulation of company formation create fraud risk
- Ruling puts onus on creditors to protect their own position?
- Dementia figures highlight importance of Power of Attorney
- Insolvency regime vital in tackling fraudsters
- From one award winner to another…
- Rising house prices bring rising inheritance tax liabilities
- Horton v Henry: the Court of Appeal decides
- Insight for IPs into personal insolvency challenges
- The potential legal impacts of Brexit
- Help us support a great cause
- Charity Quiz Night raises nearly £2,000
- Stamp duty increase adds thousands to buy-to-let property transactions
- Insolvency Express Trial pilot starts in April
- Cut-price company registration is cause for concern
- Huge proposed hike in probate fees could backfire
- The new Madoff? Suspected ponzi scheme halted in China
- Break clauses in commercial leases: Important update
- Asset tracing, fraud and forensics: investigations and hot topics
- Bad news for UK PLC