A pre-action protocol for debt claims came into force on 1 October 2017 and requires business creditors to revise their pre-action processes to ensure they are compliant.
The Law Commission is consulting on whether it is time to modernise the way Wills are made. Paul Davidoff reflects on proposals and emphasises the importance of protecting those susceptible to influence and minimising the possibility of fraud.
A letter in The Times last week raises the prospect that probate fee plans withdrawn due to lack of time before the general election may be back on the agenda.
- A trustee's duty of care
- Judge rules bank dishonestly assisted in fraud
- R3 Course: Asset Tracing, Fraud and Forensics
- Moon Beever joining the London Legal Walk in May
- Insolvency Seminar addresses change in the industry
- Husband and wife directors of Octavian Security Limited liable for pre-insolvency wrongdoing
- Insolvency’s crystal ball: 10 predictions for 2017
- Moon Beever acts in £21 million property transaction
- Director highlights Frances Coulson’s ‘significant and valuable contribution’ to National Crime Agency
- Flaws in regulation of company formation create fraud risk
- Ruling puts onus on creditors to protect their own position?
- Dementia figures highlight importance of Power of Attorney
- Insolvency regime vital in tackling fraudsters
- From one award winner to another…
- Rising house prices bring rising inheritance tax liabilities
- Horton v Henry: the Court of Appeal decides
- Insight for IPs into personal insolvency challenges
- The potential legal impacts of Brexit
- Help us support a great cause
- Charity Quiz Night raises nearly £2,000
- Stamp duty increase adds thousands to buy-to-let property transactions
- Insolvency Express Trial pilot starts in April
- Cut-price company registration is cause for concern
- Huge proposed hike in probate fees could backfire
- The new Madoff? Suspected ponzi scheme halted in China
- Break clauses in commercial leases: Important update
- Asset tracing, fraud and forensics: investigations and hot topics
- Bad news for UK PLC
- City Link directors acquitted
- What can the insolvency profession expect from October 1st?